Seasons greetings! As the weather gets colder everyone gets busy. Your eyes have to last you a lifetime, so taking care of them is incredibly important. Your lifestyle can cause significant strain on your eye health and can have a harmful effect on your sight, especially as you grow older. Here are some Tips to take good care of your eye health…
Eyezone Institute of Opticianry is pleased to invite you to enrol in its Complimentary Professional Sales Training Program, a student-friendly program sponsored by reputed institutions and organizations, while the faculty members strive to consistently provide quality education to students. The complimentary classes are also flexible that students have the liberty to choose among the list of courses and schedules according to their target training levels, as well as, their work timetables.
- Learn Progressive Lenses basics, preventing and handling complaints, modern technology and improving market on progressives.
- Be proficient in hygienic practices and proper care of Contact Lenses, contact lens essentials, preventing and handling feedback, and dealing with other special cases.
- Stay knowledgeable on types of Ophthalmic Lenses coating and filters.
- Become an expert on Sunglasses, Polarized Lenses, and Sales, client-centered marketing.
- Review and refresh your optical knowledge, and learn the latest strategies for better performance.
- Accredited certificates will be distributed after completion of the program.
Visit Eyezone Institute of Opticianry for details.
The recently concluded 14th Wenzhou Int’l. Optics Fair, China, also known as, WOF 2016, was met with great success. According to the organizers, the total on-site transaction reached 110 million, a 10% increase compared last year. During the three-day exhibition, over 14,160 professional buyers visited the fair including an estimate of 1,000 overseas visitors from India, Korea, US, Hong Kong, Pakistan, Japan, South Africa, the Philippines, Italy, Canada, etc. The number of foreign visitors inflated and exceeded last year’s count, totaling a 22.15% increase.
As one of the top three professional optical fairs in China, WOF 2016 occupied an exhibition area of 25,000 sqm which was expanded by 25% from last year. Over 400 exhibitors from Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Beijing, Shanghai, Canton, Shenzhen, Xiamen, Dongguan, Wuxi, Zhenjiang, Xingtai, Jiaxing, Taizhou, and Wenzhou appeared in the fair with exhibits covering finished glasses, equipment, raw materials, accessories, package, lens, etc. Potential buyers, along with thousands of professional buyers, attended the fair to arrange business deals and negotiations on-site.
Meanwhile, WOF also landed on the list of the 2016 Important International Exhibitions in Wenzhou, while winning in the Zhejiang Top 10 Brand Exhibitions.
Read the full report on WOF 2016 in the upcoming issue of EYEZONE Magazine.
Eyezone Institute of Opticianry conducted a training session and lecture yesterday, April 26, 2016, at Arab Open University (AOU) Kuwait. The session was headed by Executive Director, Dr. Nezar Damati OD MDA CIPT, and Assistant Training Director, Dr. Moayad Al-Deek, MSc BSc Optom. Eyezone Institute of Opticianry will deliver Sales Courses in collaboration with AOU under its Continuing Education and Community Service Unit.
Broadly speaking, Eyezone Institute of Opticianry provides optometry training programs and continuing education programs that meet professionals’ needs. It has aimed to improve skills and opportunity, as well as, created positive attitude in achieving individual and organizational goals.
Eyezone Institute researchers classified the optometric industry into four main areas to supply and support the education levels in each area, thus, each area has so many education and training sessions and courses available to deliver to attendees and students. Such areas are the following:
- Clinical and technical area
This area can provide the appropriate clinical atmosphere to the patients. Many studies, researches, and innovations rapidly come through in this area. We should catch up with fellows and acquire as possible as we could, otherwise, performance of practice can be left behind.
This area has so many educational programs and materials that can enhance and improve their technical skills for better eye care performance as well as:
- Best method of refraction technique practices
- Effective contact lens fitting
- Scleral contact lens fitting techniques
- Low vision aids and rehabilitation
- Pediatric optometry clinic
- Customer service in optometric industry
In this zone, the customer is expected to receive both clinical and commercial services professionally, and to meet and gather these services, Eyezone developed and customized appropriate training programs to achieve companies and organizational goals, as well as:
- Effective customer service and communication skills
- Time management
- Mini MBA in practice
And a variety of soft skills training programs which can be made available upon needs and assessment.
- Orientation training program
For newly hired people and newcomers:
- Management and leadership training courses
For supervisory and managerial position
And numerous soft skills programs customized for optometric industry business practices.
- Mini MBA practices in optometric practices
- Using effective marketing mix elements in optical products
- Effective customer service and communication skills
- Time management, conflict resolution, teamwork, and team leadership and so many other training programs that can meet companies and peoples’ needs to improve their performance.
Eyezone Institute of Opticianry has modules of evaluations and assistance to understand and focus on the proper training needs and materials.
About the Author
Dr. Nezar Damati, OD MDA CIPT, Executive Director at Eyezone Institute of Opticianry and Private Training, is an ABO-NCLE-accredited speaker and educator. He is an Associate Member of the International Association of Contact Lens Educators (IACLE) and has conducted advanced training courses in optometry at various establishments, institutes, and organizations across the Middle East.
Original article was first published in Eyezone Institute of Opticianry’s e-Newsletter, Issue No. 2 dated October 2015. URL: http://goo.gl/2jujal